When do my charges begin and end when renting any limousine?
In our immediate service area it begins when the limousine arrives at your location and ends when we drop you off. If you live outside of our immediate service area some travel time from the limousines point of origin and its return to our facility may apply. When you make your reservation we will tell you exactly how much the limousine is going to cost….no surprises.
How do I know what size limousine is best for my needs?
Limousine companies sometimes “exaggerate” how many people a limousine can accommodate. The “industry standard” 10 passenger limousine really only holds 8 passengers in the cabin (8 in back, 2 in front). We have limousines of various sizes that hold anywhere from 8 to 14. We will assist you in choosing the right limousine for you. A good rule of them is to subtract two from the maximum capacity. (After all, you need room for a cooler!) If your traveling with luggage keep in mind that the trunk capacity of limousines is the same or sometimes less than the average sedan. You may need one of our Limo or shuttle buses.
Do I need to tip the chauffeur?
Atlantic Limousine includes the drivers gratuity in all of our reservations as a convenience to our clients but if you would like to tip the driver directly…no problem, just let us know. If you feel your driver deserves extra for outstanding service, that is between you and the driver. Weddings and proms have the minimum mandatory gratuity build in.
Is their a minimum hourly requirement?
Our car service has a 2 hour min reservation
Prom limousine service has a 6 hour min. reservation
All other limousine or bus service has a 3 hour min. reservation
How far in advance should I book my reservation?
That is a tough question. We can never predict how busy we might be on a given day.
If you are booking a wedding you should contact us as soon as you have confirmed your wedding date, church and reception location. The wedding season books quite early so you will want to make your reservation as soon as you have your information.
The same would be true for Proms. Most proms happen on just a few weekends in May and we sell out very fast. As soon as you know the date and venue you should give us a call
For other events, the sooner you book the better your chances of getting the limousine you want.
What happens if my reservation doesn't end on time or I we want to keep it longer?
Using the limousine after the designated end time depends on availability. If the limousine has a booking after yours we won’t be able to extend your reservation. If its available, the hourly rate will apply to the extended time. Communicate with your driver regarding availability. If the limousine is not available for extended time, please be considerate of the people using the limousine next and end your reservation on time.
Is Alcohol allowed in the limousine?
Yes, alcohol is allowed provided all passengers are age 21 or older.
Smoking of any kind and any form of illegal drugs are prohibited
How do I go about booking my reservation?
The easiest way to make a reservation is to call us at 207-856-6400. We will ask you for contact and billing information and details about your event itinerary. When you make your reservation you will be charged a deposit. All deposits are non refundable. The balance of the reservation is due the day of service and will process on the same card you paid the deposit unless you give us other instructions. Proms must be paid in full 30 days prior to service. All reservations require a valid credit card on file
Min deposit is $50.00 or 10% of the reservation total, whichever is greater
Prom Deposits are $200.00
Our Terms, Conditions and Policies
1) Payments and Credit Card: A valid credit card must be on file for all reservations, regardless of method of payment. Full payment must be received prior to the start of the charter. We accept Master Card, Visa, Discover, cash and checks. Checks must be received in our office 10 days prior to the reservation date. The Rental agreement must be signed prior to start of the job.
2) Over Time: If charter runs over the scheduled end time additional charges will be assessed. Rates are in one 30 minute increments. Your vehicle may be scheduled for another charter, thus making it unavailable for over time, please check with your driver about availability of overtime.
3) Smoking: All of our vehicles are NON-smoking. If smoking occurs in a vehicle you will be charged and the reservation terminated immediately.
4) Alcohol and drugs: Alcohol will NOT be allowed in the vehicle if any passengers are under the age of 21. If this is found, the charter may be terminated immediately and no refund will be given. Atlantic Limousine will strictly enforce State and Federal Laws and will maintain a zero tolerance compliance policy that no alcoholic beverages can be consumed or used by any person not of legal drinking age. Illegal drugs in any of our vehicles will not be tolerated. If found, your will be terminated and no refund given. All U.S. law enforcement agencies have absolute power to stop any motor vehicle for administrative searches. If contraband is aboard, even in negligible quantities without the chauffeur’s knowledge, they can seize and forfeit this vehicle to a local government agency. All law enforcement agencies are aggressively enforcing this policy. Therefore no person will bring contraband aboard vehicles that are owned or operated by Atlantic Limousine.
5) Injuries: Atlantic Limousine will not be responsible for injuries that may occur due to horse playing while the vehicle is in motion or at a standstill. You and your guests must remain seated while the vehicle is in motion. The purchaser is responsible for his or her guests. You agree to hold Atlantic Limousine harmless and release Atlantic Limousine for all liability for any incidents, accidents or personal injury.
6) Chauffeur’s Discretion: Atlantic Limousine reserves the right to terminate any reservation without refund, if the Operator or the Dispatcher on duty feels that the client and/or Party of the client is putting the Operator or the mode of transportation or the client and/or Party of the client in danger of damage or injury. Operator may terminate the reservation at any time if the client and/or party become unruly and/or uncontrollable.
7) Damages and cleaning: The client will be charged for any damages that are caused by his/her guests. Client is also responsible for any future “loss of use” of the limousine as a result of damages caused by the client or his/her guests. You agree to all damage assessments being charged to your card on file. Atlantic Limousine budgets 30-45 minutes in the price of your rental for cleanup. After that we will automatically bill your credit card for additional clean up.
$10.00 fee assessed for each broken or missing glass
$70.00 fee assessed for each broken or missing decanter
$300 fee assessed for vomit or other bodily fluids inside the limousine
$150 fee assessed for detailing/wax for vomit on the outside of the limousine
$100 fee assessed for smoking in the limousine
$300 Min. fee assessed for each burn hole or tear in upholstery
$125 Min. fee for extensive clean up (spills etc)
$50 for each chewing gum in carpet
$1000 Min. fee for damaged interior mirrors
$200 Min. fee for damaged radio
$800 fee for damaged limousine control panels
We anticipate 30 minutes to clean and reset the limousine after each use and this cost is included with your reservation. Any additional time needed to clean the limousine after your reservation is billed at $50 per hour. Please be cautious of drinks while moving to avoid spills and of food on the floor being ground into carpet.
8) Personal Items: Atlantic Limousine & Yacht Charter is not responsible for any articles left in the vehicle.
9) Weather/Traffic/Breakdowns: Atlantic Limousine cannot be held responsible for any mechanical breakdowns, inclement weather conditions, traffic conditions, or any other acts of God. Since Atlantic Limousine offers high-tech-equipped vehicles, sometimes heat and excessive use of all power-operated equipment might be subject to temporary failure. This will of course not interfere with the safety of the vehicle itself and therefore will have no effect on continuing or paying of the contracted trip. Atlantic Limousine guarantees, that all our vehicles are constantly checked to keep the highest possible standards and eliminate such failures as much as possible. Atlantic Limousine agrees to send the requested vehicle as offered in the contract. We have the right to upgrade the vehicles or switch the vehicles in case of emergency breakdown or if vehicles were in accidents. If no upgrade is available, Atlantic Limousine gives the customer the right to downsize the vehicle and receive additional discounts if wanted. Customer’s therefore accepts that a replacement limousine may be substituted if contracted limousine becomes unavailable for any reason.
10) Deposits and Cancellation Policy: Deposits are non-refundable, no exceptions. If you cancel less than 7days before your service, for any reason, we will charge you the full amount of the reservation. If you cancel more than 8 days before your service we will charge you for the deposit amount you gave us, typically $50-$100. No-shows and/or cancellations after scheduled vehicle departure will be charged full fare, including gratuity. Cancellations or changes CANNOT be made by e-mail, voice message or fax without a phone conversation with the dispatcher. If Atlantic Limousine cancels your reservation you will receive a full refund. We do not refund unused rental time.
11) Other rules:
1. Each limousine has a passenger limit, we will not allow you to accede that limit.
2. No Styrofoam coolers. A $50 clean up fee will be assessed for torn apart Styrofoam coolers
3. Police dictate where we park. No refunds because we can’t pull up immediately to your venue
4. No Standing in the vehicle while it is in motion; this for your safety
5. No exterior decorations on the vehicle. No decoration on inside windows, NO SILLY STRING.
6. SAND is not allowed in the limousine. If you are on the beach you can not get back into the vehicle with sand.
7. OVERTIME is paid by cash or added to the credit card on file.
8. We do not compensate for having to give the driver directions
9. We do not compensate for traffic or construction delays.
1. All pickup and drop-off locations must be predetermined and/or approved by the parent or guardian executing this agreement. Your chauffeur will be instructed to obtain permission of a parent or legal guardian in the event of any changes to the itinerary. A contact phone number must be provided to your chauffeur on or prior to the date of service in the event of any questions.
2. At all times the privacy divider in the limo will be locked open.
3. The following are strictly prohibited and any violation thereof is subject to immediate termination of our service.
a) Smoking tobacco or any other substance is prohibited inside our vehicles;
b) Consuming alcoholic beverages of any type inside our vehicle are prohibited;
c) Consuming any type of illegal drug is prohibited;
d) Carrying and/or storing alcoholic beverages or drugs of any type inside our vehicle are prohibited;
e) Having intimate relations in our vehicle is prohibited;
f) Hanging any portion of body out of the windows or moon roof is prohibited;
g) Vandalizing, damaging, staining, breaking any part of the vehicle, including the interior, exterior as well as any glasses and other items in or on the vehicle are prohibited and subject to additional charges for repair/replacement of damages.
Note: In the event of any violations of our policies, our chauffeur may immediately terminate his service and all passengers may be dropped off at the initial pickup point. In the event of any cancelations less than 30 days prior to the reservation, the total contract price will be charged. No refunds are given and all deposits are non refundable.